Flagged Revisions installed. Unapproved pages display a Red unchecked notice under the title. Trolls attack here by creating and archiving pages with offensive content. To verify an archived page, check the original URL. Questions about administration? Contact User talk:Abd. Limited privacy on this site, see CFC:Limited privacy
User:Abd/Wikipedia/List of self-reverted edits
Except to correct errors or policy violations, this page should only be edited by Abd, please discuss on Talk.
The user is w:Patrick Haseldine, notable former British diplomat. [That article has been deleted, see Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Patrick_Haseldine_(2nd_nomination)
- 11:22, 17 March 2009
- 17:50, 17 March 2009 Accepted.
- 15:04, 2 April 2009
- 17:58, 2 April 2009 Accepted.
- 12:33, 5 April 2009
- 13:23, 5 April 2009
- 14:51, 5 April 2009 Talk:requests review of above edit. No response.
- 16:31, 20 April 2009
- 11:00, 28 April 2009
- (Note IP edit is next edit, apparently changing text incorrectly, nobody notices. This text is still in the article as of May 14, 2011)
- 12:51, 24 May 2009
- 12:54, 31 May 2009 (This represented substantial work.)
- 17:07, 31 May 2009 Requested review of edit on Talk.
PJHaseldine was eventually blocked for creating an article that was considered to also violate his community sanction. In the discussion of the block, Abd raises problems with the closure of the community sanction. PJH was advised (by me and others) not to rely on self-reversion. Around this time his cooperation disappeared, he may have begun socking.
(as accountability Wikiversity User:Ethical accountability), see Ethical Accountability, aka Thekohser, request unblock. which explains the history and shows the ultimate disposition. See also Edits_of_this_user_as_IP,for review . Because Thekohser was globally locked, a new account was established as an acknowledged sock, and immediately blocked, by pre-arrangement; however, Talk page access was allowed. This set up known and verified communication with the user, who was then able to make self-reverted edits in cooperation with the community. All edits were accepted.
- Thekohser was unblocked as a result, remains unblocked, and these events were cited at Wikibooks, where Thekohser was also unblocked.
This unblock was a local defiance of a global "ban", (actually arbitrary action by a steward) which was not supported by some of the individual wikis, including this one. No disruption resulted from the unblock on Wikiversity, which used a quirk in the software to undo a global lock by detaching the account. That became impossible to use later, as all accounts were made global and bureaucrats were disabled from naming (a loss of local autonomy as I noted at the time). The global lock of Thekohser was lifted in 2013. The Wikipedia ban from 2009 was never lifted.
The Kohser (Greg Kohs) was a long-term and very well-known critic of Wikipedia.
One of his last edits globally, April 8, 2017, was:
- Dissent was stifled at the conference, indeed. For more information, see: http://wikipediocracy.com/2016/06/16/diversity-conference-at-national-archives-not-so-open/
11 days later, 19 April 2017, the WMF globally banned Thekohser, As with all such global office actions, there was no explanation. However, this and another Office ban, of "Jake Christie of Southern California" make it obvious. They are attempting to silence criticism. It doesn't work, it actually backfires.
Office bans were very rare until 2014.They have accelerated. See WMF Global Ban Policy. Slippery slope. I have filed recently in U.S Federal Court over my own global ban. This could get interesting.
some non-self-reverted edits are shown for history, as well as community response such as blocks, page protection, or revision deletion. Community response is shown with indented diffs. Unusual responses (revision deletion, range blocks) are bolded.
Early self-reversions under ban (not block)
- 11:18, 15 June 2009. w:Cold fusion, self-reverted per ban. (one-month "community ban")
- Edit was accepted, had included an error, quickly found and corrected. Result was positive.
- Abd was blocked for this edit.
- 22:53, 17 June 2010 Wikipedia_talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Race_and_intelligence/Evidence. Submitted evidence on ArbComm Talk page. Because the evidence involved activity with Cold fusion, self-reverted per ArbComm topic ban.
Self-reversions under block and ban
- In April, 2011, Abd was blocked for two weeks for edits considered ban violations.
list of first 7 IP edits after block, below copied and edited from :
-  Since there had been no response to my request, and since this may have been considered a ban violation, I have reverted it. --Abd (talk) 01:51, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- I wanted to cancel this request anyway, because blacklisting was reverted. --Abd 19:27, 2 May 2011 (UTC)
-  No response from user. Self-reverted. --Abd 02:12, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
-  No response from user (to latest post). Self-reverted. --Abd 02:17, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
-  No response from user. Self-reverted. --Abd 02:28, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- 03:43, 2 May 2011 User reverted back in, "value the comment Abd, thanks."
-  No response from user. Self-reverted. -Abd 02:28, 1 May 2011 (UTC).
- Ignored, user inactive.
- Above edits need no attention; users will likely see them in any case, if they had not already seen them.
- . Found Miszabot archive failure due to site blacklisting during discussion before archive. Self reverted "per block." No ban violation. Check and revert back, anyone? --Abd 19:42, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- Accepted by , exact.
- null pair diff to undo to restore. Unintelligible text in w:Cold fusion, checked source, quote source to make it clear. Self-reverted per ban. --Abd (talk) 20:36, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- Accepted by . Further editing improved it.
- 21:06, 1 May 2011 Future Perfect at Sunrise changed block settings for Abd with an expiry time of indefinite (account creation blocked) (systematic ongoing provocation through block and ban evasion (184.108.40.206))
- 22:14, 1 May 2011 Timotheus Canens changed block settings for Abd with an expiry time of indefinite (account creation blocked, cannot edit own talk page) (Revoking talk page access: inappropriate use of user talk page while blocked: systematic ongoing provocation through block and ban evasion (220.127.116.11))
- 22:24, 1 May 2011 Timotheus Canens blocked 18.104.22.168 (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 24 hours (Block evasion)
- Sole edit of that IP: 19:42, 1 May 2011, edit to own Talk page before access had been cut off. Not block evasion. Actual block evading edits (all those documented above) were ignored, no blocks.
- 22:48, 1 May 2011 My defiant edits to talk page by IP, pointing out the obvious. IP not blocked. Hey, what if it wasn't me? But it was.
- 23:05, 1 May 2011 Jpgordon (Protected User talk:Abd: Inappropriate use of user talk page while blocked ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
- 07:38, 2 May 2011 Request for arbitration/Clarification had become an "Amendment," and was here "archived" as moot given that editor is now indef'd. Clarification was re two issues: extension of ban by admin, and scope of ban. Neither was reviewed, except, before archiving, all comments from arbs had affirmed ban as being needed, without addressing specifics. "Archived" apparently means "deleted."
- 15:26, 4 May 2011. w:Cold fusion: Hew to source, add review of the topic by that source, specifically on-point of the section, review of publication data.
- 22:32, 5 May 2011. w:Talk:Energy Catalyzer self-revert per ban.
- No evaluation yet.
- 22:32, 5 May 2011 w:Energy Catalyzer self-revert per ban.
- 01:38, 6 May 2011 w:Talk:Cold fusion self-revert per ban.
|the text of the above Revision Deleted edit|
Edit summary by 22.214.171.124: (→lenr-canr.org link in article: on why I emailed links, and on a striking proof of non-copyvio.)
inserted after: "I'm not sure what this means with linking to the site as a whole, but I think there is some cause for considering the correct position." by User:Bilby 00:36, 30 April 2011
Then the above edit was self-reverted with comment: (self-revert per ban, any editor may restore in whole or in part, or cite, on own responsibility for value of the contribution.)
- 14:16, 6 May 2011. Off2riorob's talk page is semipro'd, this is his unpro'd page. Not self-reverted for that reason.
- 23:29, 6 May 2011 Welcomed by user.
- 14:30, 6 May 2011, self-revert per block. Edit included Please let me know if comments from me are unwelcome; harassment has nothing to do with my plans.
- No response.
- 00:00, 7 May 2011 (See block log). Timotheus Canens blocked 126.96.36.199 (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 1 week (Block evasion)
- 00:12, 7 May 2011 Abuse filter created to prohibit "Abd" in edit summaries. Probably combined with anon edit. (Filter is hidden. Section headers with "Abd" -- Arabic for "slave" -- in them cannot be edited by IP.)
- 13:39, 7 May 2011 archived request, correcting arbitration clerk error. reverted per block.
- 13:51, 7 May 2011 added contact information to User talk:Abd.
- Attempted to self revert per block, but was distracted and waited too long, account was blocked during edit.
- contributions of Abd_sock, 14:00, 7 May 2011 Future Perfect at Sunrise blocked Abd sock (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked, cannot edit own talk page) with an expiry time of indefinite (block evasion)
- 14:00, 7 May 2011 (rv block evasion) Edit reverted, no restoration expected.
- 14:50, 7 May 2011 (tag with blocked sockpuppet template, account was used for block evasion which is not a legitimate use of an alternate account)
- 14:53, 7 May 2011 Hut 8.5 changed protection level of User:Abd [edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite) (upgrade to full protection, no need to edit and blocked user is abusing it)
- 16:42, 7 May 2011 Notice to clerk who erred in archiving.
- Self reverted as unnecessary, another user had swiftly noticed the self-reverted edit above, see ref. there.
- 17:29, 7 May 2011 Hut 8.5 blocked 188.8.131.52 (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 1 week (Block evasion: User:Abd)
- 17:55, 7 May 2011
- Expected welcome from history above, not self-reverted.
- 19:47, 7 May 2011 Suggestion to admin to only block 24 hours to avoid collateral damage, instead of one week.
- 19:47, 7 May 2011Reverted by admin before I could self-revert. However, succeeding blocks were only 48 hours. (See log of actions for 14:53, 7 May 2011 to 19:47, 7 May 2011.)
- Thus, apparent positive response. (Reverting and blocking while apparently ignoring, for block evasion, is a common response on Wikipedia, see w:WP:RBI, though that was intended for vandals.)
- 04:29, 8 May 2011 Notice to clerk that attention was no longer needed due to actions of other editors. (not self-reverted due to difficulties with edit filter. Self-identified.
- 06:59, 8 May 2011 Timotheus Canens blocked 184.108.40.206/19 (expires on 8 June 2011 at 06:59, anon. only, account creation blocked) (Block evasion: Nothing but block evasion recently from this range). Range contributions, 8192 IP#s blocked, shows roughly one edit per day for March and April from this range (not Abd). 3 edits May 1-8 were not Abd. Other edits May 1-8 were Abd, identified and self-reverted if outside w:User talk:Abd and Sandbox, except for  and , which were still obvious.
- 07:08, 8 May 2011 Timotheus Canens (Reverted edits by 220.127.116.11 (talk) to last version by Lonelydarksky)
- No response from user.
Non self-reversion period begins
As enforcement escalated, and anything naming Abd in the edit or edit summary is blocked by the edit filter, and range blocks have begun, Abd abandons self-reversion, and begins making direct edits. Edits were still self-disclosed, but not reverted.
- 18.104.22.168. (signed old comment with IP that made it. This was partly to test the edit filter. See Edit filter for the log of edit filter 407. This was the edit summary: "Shirik DOES NOT mean slave: add sig" (One meaning of 'abd' is slave, and Shirik was an admin who made a change to the edit filter.
- 22:10, 8 May 2011 Family name (→Slavic countries: make edit attempted by 22.214.171.124, caught by edit filter 407. Edit by Him Who Shall Not Be Named in edit summaries. the filter caught a b d, "and" mispelled.) IP editor abandoned effort after two attempts to save.
- 22:20 8 May 2011] Kww reverts.
- 22:12, 8 May 2011 Talk:Energy Catalyzer' '(→Undue weight on 'demonstrations': edit violates topic ban. If reverted, any editor may revert it back in, or refer to it, on own responsibility.)
- 22:18, 8 May 2011 Kww reverts.
- 22:12, 8 May 2011 User talk:Tnxman307 (→User:Panichappy1| definitely not me: new section)
- 22:21, 8 May 2011 Kww reverts.
- 22:21, 8 May 2011 Kww blocked 126.96.36.199 (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 1 week (Block evasion)
- 22:26, 8 May 2011 (Reverted to revision 428150131 by 188.8.131.52; thanks for the revert, kww. i do want to respond though, i think it's warranted. Using Twinkle) (nice response --Abd)
- 02:55, 9 May 2011 02:55, 9 May 2011 Timotheus Canens (talk | contribs) blocked 184.108.40.206/24 (talk) (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 1 month (Block evasion) range contributions
- 06:15, 9 May 2011
- 06:21, 9 May 2011 Timotheus Canens blocked 220.127.116.11 (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 48 hours (Block evasion)
- 06:21, 9 May 2011 Timotheus Canens changed revision visibility of "Wikipedia:Edit filter/False positives/Reports": removed content, edit summary, username for 1 revision (RD3: Purely disruptive material)
- 06:28, 9 May 2011 Timotheus Canens modified Special:AbuseFilter/407 
|the text of the above edit|
Edit filter 407 see log for this filter. The filter was designed to prevent me from mentioning my user name in edits or edit summaries, but my user name is an extremely common Muslim name. None of the log entries after 04:27, 8 May 2011 were me, and I'm not about to trigger the filter again, so it's useless. A word to the wise. No, I'm not bothering with a template, because I DGAF. Want to ask me to do something or stop doing something? I have a Wikiversity user page that's open. Be nice. --He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned. or (whisper) A b d. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 06:15, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
(The edit summary called attention to the last edit in the filter log, which was an attempt to report a false positive on this filter, which triggered the filter because the editor tried to copy the text of the change.)
- 02:22, 12 May 2011 comment in discussion where Abd was mentioned.
- 17:36, 13 May 2011 self-reverted
- 19:22, 13 May 2011 Timotheus Canens blocked 22.214.171.124 (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 31 hours (Block evasion)
- 18:37, 19 May 2011 account EnergyNeutral created. Many edits, all related to cold fusion, May 19 - May 31.
- 00:39, 3 June 2011 Coren blocked EnergyNeutral with an expiry time of indefinite (checkuserblock: Ban evasion (Abd))
- 02:23, 3 June 2011 Talk:Cold fusion, fast archive of thread containing comments from EnergyNeutral. Archived to  with non-neutral summary. (Thread was not started by EnergyNeutral.) edits collapsed (with those of others) but not deleted.
- 02:35, 3 June 2011 Cold fusion, removal of changes by EnergyNeutral, recreates reference error which EN had fixed.
- 02:37, 3 June 2011 w:Energy Catalyzer (Reverted to revision 430974067 by SmackBot: Removing edits by banned user, promotional edits, opinion and other unhelpful material. (TW))
- 02:38, 3 June 2011 w:Brian David Josephson (Reverted edits by EnergyNeutral (talk) to last version by Alan Liefting)
- 19:43, 3 June 2011 Administrators Noticeboard, I am assuming that Abd is now considered banned?
- 20:41, 3 June 2011 MfD for all Abd user pages.
- 06:32, 12 June 2011 Abd is community-banned through an AN discussion and poll.
- 15:00, 17 June 2011 w:Energy Catalyzer
- 16:09, 17 June 2011 MastCell blocked 126.96.36.199 (anon. only, account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 24 hours (Block evasion)
- 17:02, 17 June 2011 (Undid revision 434773610 by 188.8.131.52 (talk): per WP:BAN) [note added in 2019: that edit looks like something I might have done, and the IP indicates that. This was, then, ban evasion, though the edit was surely harmless. I did not recall this and believed that I had not edited Wikipedia at all under the ban.]
What happened later? See the subpage.